Position: Application Developer
Incumbent will be responsible for designing and building functional, user-friendly web applications. S/he will be required to develop applications from scratch and/or customize open-source web solutions to meet the requirements of different program managers. The incumbent will be required to build mobile applications in furtherance of the Program’s objectives. The incumbent will also perform Systems/Server Administration tasks and manage hosting infrastructure. The incumbent will play a key role in the development and implementation of the Program’s Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system.
Major Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform requirements gathering and develop clear Functional Specification Documents
- Apply Object Oriented Development methodology to design optimized and scalable database systems.
- Build browser independent, intuitive User Interfaces
- Manage configuration and support deployment of web-based applications e.g., Program EMR, DHIS2.0, NOMIS, National LIMS, web ARV Dispensing Tool (ADT)
- Develop technical and user documentation for the above tools
- Integrate existing and new systems into other health information systems
- Design a development methodology that supports quick project rollout, incorporating Model – View – Controller and similar modular approaches
- Perform data exchange between new and existing web applications using API’s, Web Services, and flat files
- Develop canned and custom-reporting functionality within all managed systems
- Apply modern standards to ensure security of new and existing web applications
- Conceptualize and implement solutions that would enhance organization’s operational procedures through automation
- Develop scripts for typical application support tasks (backups, logs documentation, DB maintenance, data import / export, etc.)
- Attend to assigned tickets relating to WAN/LAN connectivity, server installations/patches, log extractions and application bugs
- Aid in installation and maintenance of user computing systems
- Provide end user support to the health facilities and/or implementing partners
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field.
Prior Work Experience: Minimum of 5 years working experience in web development is required. Demonstrable experience in building solutions encompassing secure access, role separation, workflow management, robust security/system auditing and multi-format reporting. Previous development experience with EMR development, DHIS2 implementation, NOMIS implementation, and other Health Information systems would be an advantage. Experience with data migration across different database systems is required.
Knowledge: Incumbent should possess knowledge of Windows Servers 2016 and Linux server systems. Sound knowledge of Web Servers (Apache/NGINX), DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, Network File/Print service management. Proficiency in managing database systems (experience with MySQL and PostgreSQL) is required. Knowledge of REST / SOAP web services is required.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to develop mobile apps is required. Ability to work with minimal supervision. Incumbent must be analytical, focused, committed, and keep up with evolving trends. Ability to work with graphics / multi-media tools, and HTML / CSS is required. S/he must have good interpersonal skills and be willing to travel.
License: Industry certification (DB related or other foundation level IT) is required.
Supervision Received: Supervised by the Senior Program Specialist Monitoring & Evaluation.
Supervision Exercised: No direct supervision exercised.
All interested candidates should submit an updated CV and cover letter to HR@wrp-n.org.
Please state Application Developer in the subject line.
Closing Date: October 3, 2022.
Click HERE to download vacancy announcement.